Since 1913, M.D.GUNASENA has become an established household name that resonates in the hearts and minds of people, as a trusted brand synonymous with education. Sovereign in ownership and true to its founding ethos, we hold ourselves accountable to one principle, our Vision: the advancement of human thought. Today, our core business is in Publishing, Printing, Book selling and Education. 2013 marks a significant milestone for the company – our 100th anniversary and the start of our second century.
- True to our brand values.
- Trustworthy means consistently delivering on our promise
- Helpful means listening and responding.
- Straight forward means keeping things simple, clear and transparent.
- Inspiring means constantly striving for excellence.
- Heart means showing passion and conviction.
- Love means, wishing, serving and doing the best.
- Integrity means adhering to ethical and moral principles.
- Responsibility means being accountable.
- Humility means the willingness to help others.
- Gratitude means appreciating and saying thank you all the time.
Corporate Governance is not just another business concept but a religion. It is a philosophy founded on a century old organizational culture defined and executed personally, by the Founder. These ethical business practices have been institutionalized at all levels in the Group through a set of Corporate Values – Love, Integrity, Responsibility, Humility and Gratitude. We believe that the Corporate Values and Governance; is the key to our survival and to our future success.
The Company aims to create profits for its shareholders, while improving the lives of its employees and those with whom it interacts. The company strives to ensure that through its Corporate Governance, the business works for the interest of society at large.